Top 5 earthmovers with highest retained value
By Jenny LescohierJune 22, 2021
Caterpillar has won three of the top five 2021 Highest Retained Value (HRVA) awards for earthmoving equipment.
Leveraging third-party, unbiased data to identify equipment that is projected to best hold its value over the next five years, EquipmentWatch, a leader in data, software and insight for the heavy equipment industry, announced the winners at World of Concrete in Las Vegas on June 9.
“The EquipmentWatch analysts are excited to mark the 6th year of the Highest Retained Value awards,” said Jessica Carr, director of data and analytics, EquipmentWatch. “The team continues to react to market dynamics, fine-tune the analysis and expand our database. To see so many repeat winning manufacturers - in light of our deepened insight - is a testament to how well their equipment holds its value.”
The top five winners among earthmoving equipment are:
1. Caterpillar - small wheel loaders - 84.3% five-year residual value
2. Kubota - large skid steers - 76.3% five-year residual value
3. Caterpillar - large track dozers - 74.8% five-year residual value
4. John Deere - small crawler excavators - 61.5% five-year residual value
5. Caterpillar - compact excavators - 60.7% five-year residual value
For a complete list of winners of the 2021 Highest Retained Value (HRVA) awards, click here.