PlanHub’s preconstruction platform aims to help GCs win more bids
By Jenny LescohierJanuary 31, 2023
PlanHub is expanding its cloud-based software as service (SaaS) preconstruction solution designed to be a one-stop shop for general contractors to improve collaboration with subcontractors and material suppliers, find new projects, request, receive and select quality bids, qualify subcontractors and create winning proposals.
The expanded platform is meant to take the hassle and headaches out of preconstruction. Through PlanHub, general contractors can post unlimited projects for free, invite subcontractors and suppliers to bid, increase overall bid coverage, as well as compare bids to reduce risk and assemble winning proposals.
“The use of PlanHub supports our bid coverage as we grow and has been indispensable,” said TJ Andrade, bid coordinator at Madewell Construction in Lubbock, TX. “Being able to bid more projects on the platform means that in return, we are able to do more projects. They go hand-in-hand and make for increased productivity.”
The platform offers users:
- Lead Finder – General contractors can access the newest building construction projects available, including hard-to-find private projects, and can view owners’ and architects’ full contact information.
- Commercial Subcontractor Network - General contractors have direct access to the right people with the PlanHub Directory of 350,000+ subcontractors in 397 key trades, plus 4,500+ materials suppliers.
- Private Planroom – Allows general contractors to choose to make projects private, giving access to only the subcontractors and suppliers invited to see the project and submit bids.
- Risk Management & Qualifications – Aids general contractors in clarifying and confirming subcontractors’ qualifications.
- Bid Leveling - Lets general contractors compare bids side-by-side, including bid amount, qualifications and certifications, in order to find the right subcontractor.
- Smart Coverage – Via the project dashboard, general contractors can see the status of project bids per trade and automatically receive filtered directory results to contact subcontractors in low-bid coverage trades.
“Amid significant economic headwinds, general contractors need help to find projects, produce better bids and win more jobs,” said Ro Bhatia, CEO of PlanHub. “Innovative, simple-to-use preconstruction technology improves planning, increases operational efficiency and processes, and helps general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers collaborate more easily to establish long-lasting connections that enhance stability and success.”