Rookie’s guide: 15 tips for a successful CONEXPO-CON/AGG experience
By Jenny LescohierDecember 06, 2022
There are now less than 100 days until CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2023 opens, and it’s never too early to start planning your show strategy, so read on for tips on how to make the most of Las Vegas when you’re there this March.
Whether you’re a show veteran or a first timer, CONEXPO-CON/AGG is a challenge to cover in five days. With 1,800 exhibitors spread across 2.7 million square feet of space, it’s important to be prepared. Here are some ideas to help do just that.
1. Before you do anything else, download the show app. Available in February 2023 for Apple and Android users, search “CONEXPO-CON/AGG” in your app store.
2. Have a plan. The show is over 2.7 million square feet of exhibit space, so planning your list of exhibitors to see will help you manage your time. The Exhibitor Directory is your friend, and it can be found… where else? In the app! (See tip #1)
3. Book a hotel with easy access to the show. During registration, you will be able to book individual rooms or a block for your team. Pro tip: The earlier you book, the better!
4. Bring multiple pairs of comfortable shoes. Don’t underestimate the importance of foot comfort!
5. Don’t get hung up on just visiting “your manufacturers.” Make it a priority to meet the makers of products that are new to you.
6. Make every effort to be at the show all of the days, for most of the day. CONEXPO-CON/AGG only happens once every three years, so make the most of it.
7. Eat a good breakfast every morning! It makes a difference. (Hint: Las Vegas is known for its fantastic breakfast buffets.)
8. Take the new Las Vegas Loop to get to those far-off lots. With three separate stations, this underground tunnel system can take you from one end of the
convention center to the other in under two minutes with minimal wait. Designed by Elon Musk, the Loop utilizes Teslas to take visitors where they need to go quickly and with no stress.
9. Check the weather forecast and strategize accordingly. Visit outside exhibitors in the morning and inside booths in the afternoon, when the temperature rises.
10. Follow your favorite brands on social media to find out about special events like concerts and giveaways.
11. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Limit alcohol intake and don’t hit it too hard at night.
12. Check out the many options for food. With numerous concessions areas throughout the indoor exhibit halls and outdoor lots, you’re sure to find something you like.
13. Remember to bring an external phone charger. You’ll need it for all the connections you’re going to make.
14. Consider recording your steps with the fitness app of your choice. You’ll be blown away by your daily mileage!
15. Have fun and make connections!